1. Romney brought up the "apology tour" LIE again.
2. Romney LIED when he said regulations have gone up fourfold under Obama
3. Romney LIED about his support for wind power, which he specifically repudiated in Iowa
4. Romney LIED about his support for Arizona's ugly anti-immigrant law
5. Romney LIED when says he actively recruited more women into Massachusetts state government:
What actually happened was that in 2002—prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration—a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.
They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.
I have written about this before, in various contexts; tonight I’ve checked with several people directly involved in the MassGAP effort who confirm that this history as I’ve just presented it is correct—and that Romney’s claim tonight, that he asked for such a study, is false.
Further, the positions that he staffed with female executives were all in government agencies about which he didn’t care, or which he was actively trying to end, and as Romney’s administration continued in the state government, the percentage of women in executive positions declined from 30% before he took office to 27.6% when he left.
And that's just for starters. More to come.
UPDATE!! There's already an internet meme on Willard's women-in-a-binder remark: