One of Willard's favorite lies is that spending has "exploded" under President Obama, that we are facing an "inferno" of spending and debt. Once again it's time to slap down Lyin' Willard. The facts--cold and brutal as they are to Willard and the Flying Monkeys (TM)--are these, taken directly from the Kenyan Marxist Socialist CommieNazi Radical Wall Street Journal :
• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.
• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.
• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.
• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.
• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.
And in graphic form:
The Right-Wing Noise Machine has been vomiting out non-stop hatred, smears, lies, and slanders against Obama for four years. A lot of people believe the lies, unfortunately. Romney, being a natural, reflexive liar, eagerly repeats these vicious falsehoods. But the truth refutes him, every time.
He's not going to stop lying folks. It's up to us to make him pay for it.
And we will.